Thai Buddhist Blessing Ceremony
THAI BUDDHIST BLESSING CEREMONY – 75,000 THB -net
(Price is VAT and service charge inclusive)
- Traditional Thai wedding venue with fresh floral décor
- Thai musical background
- Traditional Thai long-drum procession with Thai dancers on traditional costumes
- Buddhist Wedding Ceremonial Rites with presence of Thai Monks
- Water blessing ceremony
- Traditional Thai neck garlands for wedding couple
- Certificate of wedding ceremony from hotel (non-legal)
- 3-tier wedding cake
- Meal and alms for holy monks
- Flowers, incense and candles religious ceremony
- Traditional lucky charm string bracelets for bride, groom and participants
1.) Private candle-lit romantic dinner and wine for two
2.) In-room welcome fruit basket
3.) Wedding gift for the couple from hotel
4.) Honeymoon room floral décor after the wedding
Suggested sequence of the wedding ceremony:
- The ceremony officially begins as the monks arrive at the wedding venue
- The guests are gracefully led in procession to the wedding venue by the long drum parade.
- Bride & Groom take the front seats together. Monks arrive & take seat on the stage (everybody put the hands together for saluting to the monks when they are passing). The couple light up the candles and incense sticks and show the respect to the Triple Gem by prostrate themselves before the image of Buddha and then take a seat in the front roll Buddhist five precepts are vowed by staffs. Monks chant prayers of health, happiness and prosperity for the wedding couples’ marriage.
- Bride & groom will donate the food for the monks. Bride & groom will donate gifts to the monk. The couple pours water to the bowl in order to offer spiritual merit to the ancestor, relatives and human fellow both of being alive and passing away Monks shower the holy water to couple and guests for health & luck Religious ceremony finished, couple taken photo with the monks before leaving. The monks leave & depart to the temple, the couple & all guests offer alms to them when they are passing on the way back.
- Symbolic marriage certificate signing is offer & rings exchanging, photo taken. The couple is on stage, bride seat on the left hand side and groom on the right hand side. Elaborate flower garlands and holy string will be offered to the couple by the Groom’s grandmother and powder is placed on the couple forehead. The Groom’s grandmother follow by the Bride’s parents pours the sacred water from the conch shell to the couple of hands and blessing them (symbolize forever cool happiness of family life).
- Parents of the groom will pour the sacred water then followed by the senior & guests blessing the couple the same way as the mother of bride did. The holy strings will be taken off by Bride’s grandfather & hand to the couple to keep it and bring back to their home.
- Duration of ceremony is 2 hours.